Park City Summer Activities
Whoever said you can’t please all the people all the time has never spent a summer vacation in Park City. We know our resorts – Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort, and Canyons – are world-class in the winter, but there are equally as exciting in summer. Leave your summertime heat behind and join us in Park City this summer with cool mountain breezes, wildflower-covered hillsides and over 400 miles of wooded trailing for hiking and mountain biking in Park City. Park City Summer Activities offer an endless multitude of things to do in Park City, from arts and music festivals, several championship golf courses and some of the finest fly-fishing in the country. If you’re a thrill-seeker, be sure to checkout the summertime version of bobsled at Utah Olympic Park. Combine shopping in Park City or treat yourself to our cultural side and you’ve got a Park City summer vacation to remember.
Top 10 Park City Summer Activities
- Park City Mountain Biking – Park City, Utah, enjoys the honor as the world’s highest rated mountain bike destination according to the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) as their first and only Gold Level Ride Center.
- Outdoor Summer Concerts – During the summer, Park City comes alive with outdoor concerts and music festivals. Park City offers music to suit all listeners in settings ranging from the Snow Park Lodge Outdoor Amphitheater at Deer Valley Resort, to the Resort Village at Canyons Resort, or a club on Historic Main Street.
- The Park Silly Sunday Market is an eco-friendly, family friendly, open air market, street festival held each Sunday from June through September. Think of it as a treasure box that features unique and eclectic arts and crafts, music and performing arts, antiques, imports, one-of-a-kind finds, delicious gourmet foods and locally grown fruits and vegetables. It is as unique as Park City.
- Championship Golfing in Park City – Park City’s golf courses are among the best in the West and certainly some of the most scenic. A total of 12 golf courses-six public courses and six private-are located within a 20-mile radius of the town. The local public course is the Park City Golf Club.
- Arts & Culture – Park City is a thriving, world-renowned art community and every August hosts the annual Kimball Arts Festival, one of the largest arts festivals in the West. Browse through our local galleries where you’ll find the best from local artists and designers, or take in a live performance at the Eccles Center or the Egyptian Theatre.
- Park City Spas – After a fun day of outdoor adventure, make time for some pampering. Park City features many world-class, luxury spas specializing in a vast array of invigorating massages and signature treatments.
- Water Sports – Grab your suit and enjoy the many aquatic adventures at one of several nearby reservoirs. Jordanelle Reservoir, just a few miles from the heart of Park City, provides sailing, stand up paddle-boarding, wakeboard and water ski lessons, boat/personal watercraft rentals, and camping facilities.
- Park City Shopping – Park City is a great place for another favorite pastime: shopping. Our merchants specialize in everything from art collectibles and handmade furniture to Western antiques and wildlife photography. With bookstores, fashion boutiques and the Tanger Outlet Center, even the most discerning shopper is guaranteed great finds.
- Blue Ribbon Fly Fishing – Try your luck casting for rainbow or brown trout in one of our
pristine rivers and streams. Grab some waders and a rod and spend an afternoon-or a week-casting your line across mountain waters such as Utah’s famed blue-ribbon fishery, the Provo River.
- Park City Hiking – Whether with friends or family or on a guided tour, hiking is a perfect way to enjoy the mountains surrounding Park City. Hikers are welcome on any section of Park City’s 400 miles of public trails. Visitors can enjoy scenic strolls on paved trails or adventurous hikes through mountain terrain.