Skiing and riding in Park City could fill a vacation alone, but there’s more to Park City than just our world-class ski slopes. Especially when you consider the Park City calendar of events. At any given time during your stay you can experience major sporting events, screen an independent film during the Sundance Film Festival, catch a play or experience Spring Gruv and Easter in Park City. In Park City, no matter what you opt for, a throughly entertaining vacation is a given.
Top 10 Park City Winter Events
- Opening Day at our Ski Resorts – This year, Park City will open for the 2019-20 Ski Season November 22, 2019, just in time for Thanksgiving, followed next week by Deer Valley Resort on December 7, 2019. Won’t you join us?
- Celebrate Christmas in Park City – Visitors can join in some of our time-honored traditions such as watching Santa come down the Town Lift to watching the Torchlight Parades at both Deer Valley and Park City Mountain Resorts. Take in a show at the The Egyptian Theatre or shop for last-minute gifts along Historic Main Street and The Tanger Outlets.
- Utah Olympic Park – Olympic Trials for Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined – Dec. 30-31 – In a winner-take-all event where the victors will be named to Team USA. The Olympic Trials will feature Nordic Combined on Saturday, Dec. 30 followed by Ski Jumping for men and women on Sunday, Dec. 31.
- New Year’s Eve in Park City – The New Year’s Eve Celebration at Canyons Village is fun for the entire family! Family-friendly activities begin at 3pm and include live entertainment, sleigh rides, music and our massive fireworks display at approximately 7:00 pm.
- FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup – Feb 6-8, 2020 – The world’s best freestyle skiers come together one last time before they head to the Olympics. Catch them this winter for the FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup at Deer Valley Resort as they twist, fly and race their way to the podium. All events are free to the public.
- Martin Luther King Holiday – Snow, sun and fun are waiting for you during the Martin Luther King Holiday (Monday, January 30, 2020) weekend in Park City Utah! Take advantage of some of the best lodging deals of the season.
- Sundance Film Festival – Jan 23-Feb 2, 2020 – The Sundance Film Festival is a showcase for new work from American and international independent filmmakers, comprising of competitive sections for American and international dramatic and documentary films, both feature films and short films. Now in it’s 42nd year, it is bigger and more popular than ever. Book lodging early!
- Valentine’s Day in Park City – February 14, 2020 – You and your special someone can spend Valentine’s Day nestled in the mountains of Park City, Utah, a splendid resort city that offers skiing and plenty other of couple-friendly activities.
- Spring Gruv & Pond Skimming –March 7-April 5, 2020 – Park City presents the 12th annual Park City Spring Grüv. Park City shines in spring and its all yours to soak in during Spring Gruv. Under bluebird skies, you’re invited to feel the beat of concerts on the village stage, join a deck party at Pink Park City, test your creativity at the annual Pond Skimming Competition and so much more. Redefine your spring break at this springtime celebration.
- Easter in Park City – April 12, 2020 – Easter in Park City is April 12, 2020, and that means many things: beautiful blue sky days, incredible skiing, longer days and of course, Easter Egg hunts. What a perfect way to close out the Park City ski season.
Come celebrate the holidays or bring your family and friends to Park City this winter.